Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First 'Jack

I was sitting here looking at these figures thinking that I had gotten in over my head. A second system with models that are REALLY hard to assemble. But I just went for it and tried to paint one of the smaller bonejacks.

Click on any of the pictures for a larger version. It took a remarkably short amount of time, and I think the results are pretty damn good.
So here's the play by play:

Prime white gesso.
Black Plates:
     -Adeptus Battlegrey
     -Adeptus Battlegrey + Black (50/50)
     -Badab Black wash
Skull:
     -Tallarn Flesh
     -Bleached Bone + Water
     -Devlan Mud wash
Glowing Areas:
     -Scorpion Green
     -Thrakka Green wash
Metallic Areas:
     -Boltgun Metal or Shining Gold drybrush
     -Badab Black wash

I finished with a liberal spray of Dullcote. The basing is white glue with aquarium sand and some fake turf. I had to prime with gesso because it's incredibly humid here. I used Flo-Aid with the Gesso, and it made a huge difference in ease of application.

No comments:

Post a Comment